Why Reigate Grammar School?
A best-in-class partner for international schools’ development
The leading co-educational day school in the UK, Reigate Grammar School offers the very best academic education with equal prominence placed on the arts, sport and a rich co-curricular programme for children aged 3 to 18.
Reigate Grammar School, through a bespoke leadership, academic and pastoral model, is recognised as the premier co-educational independent day school in the UK and the first of its kind to be awarded ‘Exceptional’ by ISI Inspection in 2016. It has been named the UK’s Independent School of the Year for Pastoral Care and Wellbeing following a best in the country award for partnerships and community outreach.
It is our aim to inspire pupils and to give them the confidence and skills to become independent thinkers. Reigate Grammar School has a ‘whole child’ ethos with four aims:
- To support each individual child and nurture their unique blend of talents and abilities
- To help students flourish and prepare for a happy and successful adult life
- To enable outcomes that open doors of opportunity
- To help prepare students to make the world a better place
Reigate Grammar School pursues excellence in all areas, maximising the academic potential, sense of fun and personal development of students and staff.
The school operates a bespoke educational model that has become known as ‘The Reigate Way’. The key ingredients are:
- visionary leadership
- innovative teaching and learning
- outstanding pastoral care
As part of a wider strategic project to deliver long-term expansion, Reigate Grammar School, through its international arm, is now looking for partnership with potential sponsors and investors to explore possibilities for establishing an international school (or schools) with the RGS brand for educational excellence.
Reigate Grammar School offers its educational expertise, a powerful brand and a first-class leadership model, headed by Mr Shaun Fenton – recently elected as the future Chairman of the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC) for 2018-2019.
I’m delighted that the Headteachers of some of the best schools in the country have seen fit to entrust me with this important role. I hope that my HMC role, will benefit the education sector generally but it will also benefit Reigate Grammar School. In fact, everything I do is driven by my pride in, and passion for, the RGS community and my determination to see the school continue to thrive in this ever-changing world.
Shaun Fenton, March 2017
Our Educational Offer – The Reigate Way
- Centre of academic excellence – A-Level Results in 2017: 94% A*-B
- Established University Links with Oxbridge/Russell Group success
- Bespoke teaching approach with tailored learning model and innovative 3-year GCSE Curriculum
- A world class school for High Performance Learning
- Henry Smith Studies for enrichment, breadth and depth in the Sixth Form
- Extensive programme of extra-curricular activities
- Outstanding success and national recognition in sport, music, drama and the arts
- Leading school in the UK for Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Scholarships and Elite Pathways
- ISI Inspection 2016 – “Excellent pastoral provision”
- Awarded UK Independent School of the Year 2019 for Pastoral Care and Wellbeing
- Every individual with personal development plans
- An extensive programme of child wellbeing and mindfulness
- International Network
- Sophisticated international Reigatian Community in key hub cities
- Opportunities with academic, career and network development
The RGS International Offer
RGS International provides a wide-range of pre- and post-opening services to support its partners, including developing leadership and teaching & learning through its quality assurance model.
RGS International services include:
- Market analysis and school business modelling;
- Architectural design and site analysis;
- Curriculum architecture and modelling;
- Recruitment (including the appointment of the Head and senior staff);
- Admissions and marketing support;
- Teacher training and development;
- The licence for the Reigate Grammar School name, trademarks and intellectual property;
- Quality assurance, leadership support and inspection services;
- Support with compliance, accreditation and HR;
- The Reigatian community model and professional networking.
These and many other services can be discussed further.
The Engagement Process
1. Introductory Stage: contact us to establish a relationship;
2. Exploration Stage: meet, visit, discuss the project, build friendship and explore the possibilities;
3. Legal Stage: formalise the agreement and establish a Memorandum of Understanding;
4. Development Stage: agree the business, education and operational model to be employed;
5. Pre-Operational Stage: site development; key staff and governing body appointed; recruitment; school accreditation and license.
6. Operational Phase: on-going support and quality assurance.